Saturday, April 23, 2011

Exercise in patience

Patience. Its such a simple word, yet so difficult in practice.  We are still in the process of being matched with kids.  In fact, we've only heard back from a small handful of the case workers for the kids we've submitted interest in.  That said, we are at least on our way in this journey.  As I learn more about the process, some of the methods seem a bit cold.  You use this website to look at profiles of children and then submit interest forms.  From there, the case workers review all the home studies and then choose the best fits.  It can feel a bit like a compeition with the other prospecitve adoptive parents.   As odd as that feels, I can't think of what a better method would be.  Thus far, our social worker has been wonderful and responsive!!  I am so impressed by him. He truely has the kids and our interests at heart.  I am very thankful we found him and I am sure he will help us find the right fit for our family.  I just wish I had better patience skills so the process doesn't feel so long.
In the mean time, Boo is doing really well.  She is so excited by the idea of a sibbling.  While she waits, she continues with her dance and swim teams.  I can't believe she is almost done with elementary school!!  Just one more month.  She is looking so much older now its unreal.  We are planning some fun things for her this summer since it might be her last as an only child!
Hopefuly next time I'll have more to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment